I have been trying to compile an iOS app using GameMaker and Xcode. I'm getting some rare fatal crash errors when I try and run the iOS version of the game either on a simulator or a real phone device.
I thought I would post some of the solutions here to try and help someone else.
I know the problem is caused by having a weird combination of versions of Xcode and GameMaker. These problems are reported to be fixed on the beta channel of GameMaker however for this project I am unable to update GameMaker because it will break other areas of my game.
These might not be the best way to fix these faults but I do know for sure if I get the error message the fix clears that message and if I change the code back the error comes back.
2016-09-28 15:06:53.600 twotap[2689:949271] Screen size is 750.000000,1334.000000
2016-09-28 15:06:53.822 twotap[2689:949271] * * * * * * Register audio Interruption callback * * * *
2016-09-28 15:06:53.906 twotap[2689:949271] Failed to make complete framebuffer object 8219
Under General tab set Main Interface and Launch Screen File to: MainWindow-iPhone
Library not found for -lcrt1.3.1.
Under Build Settings go to Code Signing Identity and set Debug and Release to: iOS Developer
Missing 64 bit support ios app submitted to the app store must include 64 bit supper and be built with the iOs 8 SDK
Under Build Settings find Build Active Architecture and get Debug and Release to be the same.
The iPhone Simulator not working on GameMaker projects:
Under Build Settings find Architectures and set it from $(ARCAS_STANDARD) to $(ARCAS_STANDARD_32_BIT)
EXC_BAD_ACCESS was E-mailed to me in a huge crash log:
I have never managed to get used os_is_network_connected() working on iOS, it doesn’t matter if I use GM1.4 or GM2 I get EXC_BAD_ACCESS when I submit to Apple (even though it works on a phone and the simulator)
The crash seems to be when you use TCP protocol when the phone is not connected to the internet.
If this doesnt fix it on another occasion I got the error and moving to the YYC target fixed the problem for me.
Under projectname-Info.plist add a property called “Privacy - Photo Library Usage Description” and set this as a string and enter “Used to save screenshots”
AQDefaultDevice (1): skipping input stream 0 0 0x0 game was compiled with optimization - stepping may behave oddly; variables may not be available
This is a problem when compiling the game from GameMaker while it is being run in Xcode, simply close the simulator, and do a clean build in Xcode.